(this building was razed in 2011 after it began to collapse. The block it inhabited will become the new Kokomo YMCA))
116 North Union Street
The Union Traction Depot, also referred to as Kokomo’s interurban station, was constructed in the Neoclassical design, which was popular for public buildings. The projected quoins at the corners and the keystones in the flat arches above the windows are identifying features of this style. Originally used as a main station for the Union Traction Company’s trolley cars, the building was occupied by Button Motors for several years before the company relocated.
Notable Design: Neoclassical
Year Built: 1907