“Girl Scouts’ Little House”
Although log cabins are most commonly thought to come from the 1800s, this little building was built c. 1940 in the Rustic Revival style. Historic features include the fieldstone foundation, round wood log walls and six-over-six, wood and glass windows. The original layout for “Scout Cabin” began in 1940, when a group of local Boy Scouts 16 to 21 years of age cut and collected the logs. A time capsule was opened in 1991, when the Girl Scouts celebrated their 50th anniversary. History
also tells us that a miniature golf course once sat in a hollow immediately to the west of this site, where one could enjoy a round of golf for 10 cents.